12.3.06

It's me finally

So normally I leave this blogging stuff to Grant. He is a much better writer but I thought I would give it a try. You're my friends and family too. I also don't really feel like working. Grant just went to play ulitmate frisbe. I go sometimes but I have a little work to do and I hate working at night where as Grant works better at night. Things have been going great here. I finished doing my report card early so that is a nice relief. They are due tomorrow. We didn't do much this weekend. Just tried to relax. The upper school kids had a play this weekend so we went to that on Friday. Then we went and played poker (Texas Hold'em). We lost. But last time I won the whole game. I was pretty proud of myself and I won us some money. Also, on Friday after school I went to the spa and got waxed and a pedicure. I don't even shave anymore. It is wonderful. Every couple of weeks I just go get all the unwanted hair waxed off. Those of you who know me this is a dream come true. Saturday Grant had a soccer game which the kids lost. They have a lot to learn about teamwork and hard work. While Grant was coaching I went to get coffee and had an amazing cinnimin roll with my friend Cindy. Then we went shopping and I bought a couple of shirts. When Grant got home we went and had a massage. Grant tries to get one once a week. It is a great stress reliever for him. Then we went to this great India resturant for dinner. We seem to eat a lot of India food here. Our maid, Lilis, loves cooking India food so we also get a lot at home. I don't remember if Grant told you but our maid is the best. You know how I love my food and I don't like to have the same things all the time. Lilis is always trying new things and she an amazing cook. You would think it would be hard for us veggie eater to find good food but let me tell you you can get anything. We eat a lot of tofu and Lilis made us these tofu burgers or maybe they were tempa for us the other day and they were superb. They even looked like real hamburgers. I probably wouldn't be near as happy here if I didn't have good food. It's hard to come by taco shells here. Sometimes they have them and sometimes they don't so I don't get to have tacos as much as I would like but at least I get to have them sometimes. That's enough about food.

Tomorrow I am getting a new student. She is Chinese but is coming from Malaysia. She just finished 1st grade so she will be in my class next year too. The parents just wanted her to come for the rest of the year so that she can get to know the school and make friends. Hopefully she will fit in good with our class. I have a lot of drama in my class right now. The girls are always fighting. It is driving me crazy. I have a couple of boys who can't keep quiet. I have a couple of special needs kids in my class which makes it even more difficult. I am just so glad I only have 14 kids. I have a great story to tell about one of my students. It is quite gross I must warn you. This boy is one of my smartest boys. He is popular with the other students too. He also is a student I am constently telling to be quiet. Anyway, the kids were all coming in from there break when this student comes up to me and tells me he just pooped. He also announced it to the class. I said, "that's great thanks for sharing." Then he goes and gets a tissue and wipes his butt in class. He pulls the tissue from his butt and not joking he has poop on it. He then tells those that are listening. Now at this point I am in shock. I scold him and want to not draw any attention to this so I continue to start my lesson. After the kids go to pool. I think about the seriousness of this. I knew I had to tell the principal because some of my other kids could go home and tell there parents and then there would be calls. So I inform my principal and he wanted to see this boy immediately. Talk about wierd. This boy was an angel to me the rest of the afternoon. Has anyone every heard of anyone ever doing this? What was he thinking!

Well I must be off to work. I am sure I spelled some words wrong and some sentences didn't make sense but I am going to try and not worry about it. I am not perfect and I won't be afriad anymore gosh darnet.

So maybe I will write more. I have a little secret. I actually have a lot more free time than Grant does. You know him it takes him forever to do anything. But you gotta love him. I will try and get the photos from our Christmas vacation up soon. The problem is that Grant like to give each picture a title which takes forever plus he never has time. But I guess you guys appreciate that. Like Grant said before I can be quite lazy when it comes to things like that. We will get them up soon.

Oh yeah. I got tickets for us to come home this summer. I believe we will arrive home on the 15th of June then leave again on 1st of August. Can't wait to see all of you.

Love you and Miss you lots!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! Leah, you're no longer a blog-virgin! What's up with the poop kid? Did you ever find out why he did that? It's so funny though- I'm laughing right now just thinking about it!

2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good one, Leah! Can't wait to see you guys this summer.

3:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad your writing now, congratulations. Thanks for the poop story, I have never heard of anyhting like that, strange. Keep the blogs coming.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home