3.3.06

T'ent 2

Wow, two times in one week. Keep it up Grant. Since I am probably writing only to myself I am extra proud.

I ventured out a bit today. Normally, the only places we go in Kelapa Gading is home, school and the mall. I found this place that I had never seen before on the way to the mall. It is a little internet cafe. There are next to zero in Jakarta and this is the first one I have seen in Kelapa Gading. The cafe is called T'ent 2. Anyway, I decided to check it out. It is a really nice, clean and new place. They have wireless. They make a decent cappucino. The best thing is the wireless part is on the third floor so it is pretty high up and it has a nice view of the area. Actually the view is of the busiest intersection in K G. Whatever, it beats going to the mall.


So we had the day off of teaching kids but had to be there for a meeting on ESL (English as a Second Language) and then had the rest of the day to work on report cards. Everything after the meeting was a complete waste of time for me because I cannot focus on anything until about 10pm or later. So I sat around and only got a few small things done. I was kind of bummed. I wish work was the type of thing you can go to when you are ready to work. At least on days like this where there are no kids around. It would be nice if they would say just be here for eight hours at some point today. Now instead I will have spent eight pointless hours at work during the day and I will go back and spend three completely productive hours later tonight.

I have been listening to so much classical music lately. When I arrived here at the internet place I was looking for something to listen to...oh that is the bad part about this place and most of Jakarta, the music is terrible. For example, I think I just heard a remake of a song from Michael Jackson Bad. You never here the original music it is always a cover, cheesed out to the max. Anyway, I put on Slapstick and it made me feel totally incredible. I hadn't listened to this record for a really long time. I am surprised it actually ended up on my computer before we moved. They were definately one of the best punk bands around when I was growing up. I had forgotten what it was like to have an endless amount of energy and to want to find the fun in everything.



This blog kind of sucked. Maybe I shouldn't try to write so often. Sorry. My stomach hurts.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, first you don't blog in forever. Then you write a book. I'm so confused by this behavior that I refuse to read this blog... At least for tonight. It's late here. But I'm sure whatever you wrote is super interesting, I'll tell you for sure later! Luv ya both!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Grant Souder said...

i am trying to write more because i think most people have given up on reading this. keep reading sista!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Musty Attik said...

You must keep writing! It's far too entertaining...I'll pine and waste away if you stop...waste...a...way... See, look...there I go.

Patrick

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

speaking of slapstick, isn't it a sin that they didn't put guy smiley on that cd of everything else they did including the 6 post-lookit crap sandwiches of songs they put on the end?

oh, and i constantly look at your blog and am constantly let down at your lack of posting. i want to see more pictures of jakarta in general. maybe the church. maybe the gate. maybe not.

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home