25.12.05

Christmas Day!

We are sitting here in a little cafe on a small street in a town called Hoi An. It is a beautiful French colonial villiage in central Vietnam full of shops and tailors. The French came here in the mid 19th century because it was a thriving port with immediate access to the Thu Bon River which connects with the Mekong River. I just finished my banana pancake and am now waiting for my coffee to drip through the tiny Vietnamese style filter that sits above the cup. Drip, Drop... Leah looks like she is pondering something...maybe another pancake.

Merry Christmas!

3 Comments:

Blogger Musty Attik said...

Grant...you rock...just feggin rock. I hope all is well out yonder! If you guys find yourselves in Bankok, stop at "Cabbages and Condoms" off Sukhumvit Road...I've heard it's great...and I think the waiters throw the food across the restaurant onto your plates...in any case, I won't be there anytime soon so you should have dinner and think of me. :) Merry Christmas!
-Patrick hautbois1 at comcast.net

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Grant and Leah! I have a christmas card for you, but nowhere to send it. What is your address anyways?
Love you, Laura

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Guys!! I really missed ya at Christmas. Sounds like you're having quite the adventure. It's awesome that you're doing all this. I'm jealous. I'd love to visit. If I didn't have to pay tuition, I'd be there in a heart beat. Keep having fun! Love ya!

ANNA:)

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home